It is easy to assume that our circumstances are responsible for our success and happiness and that we are mere pawns in the game of life. But, according to many successful people this really isn’t true. How we see life and what we believe about ourselves appears to be a greater determining factor than either our environment or our upbringing. Consider these quotes on the importance of believing in yourself.
- “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” William Jame
American psychologist and philosopher William James reminds us that the first step toward reaching your goals and dreams is to believe that life is worth living. Without this belief working to reach your goals will be fruitless. It is the belief that your life is worth working for that makes all the difference.
- “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” Nikos Kazantzakis
Greek author and philosopher Nikos Kazantzakis reminds us that believing in the worthiness of life is not enough. In order to succeed in reaching your dreams and goals, you must also believe that you can reach them. This belief in yourself and your abilities paves the way to reaching your dreams.
- “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.” Robert Collier
American author of the New Thought metaphysical books that form much of the basis for the popular movie “The Secret”, goes a step further. Collier claims that the degree of belief in yourself is also important. The more you believe in yourself, the greater your chance of success.
- “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” Diane Sawyer
Sometimes, thoughts that we are not worthy of our goals slip into our thinking. American television journalist Dianne Sawyer reminds us of the importance of believing we have a right to our dreams. Letting go of the fear that you are not good enough or worthy enough frees the mind to focus on success.
- “If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.” Arsene Wenger
Noted French football coach and former player Arsene Wenger declares that without belief you cannot achieve your goals. Belief in the ability to perform at your physical best or meet the challenge of a sporting event is a common theme in coaching, as sports coaches know the secret to the team’s success lies in their belief in themselves and in their team.
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
Former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt eloquently declares that the future belongs to those who believe in their dreams. Choosing to believe in yourself today clears the path for a bright and prosperous future.