Getting lost in a good novel is a great way to develop yourmind and fuel your imagination. More than just entertainment, good books inspireus to lead lives worth living, and the best authors have the ability to sparkthat fire inside of us.
Here are 5 inspirational quotes from beloved writers thatwill make you want to dive into the nearest hardcover… or perhaps writesomething great yourself!
- “To learn to read is to light a fire; everysyllable that is spelled out is a spark.”
- “Reading is the sole means by which we slip,involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice,another’s soul.” (Joyce Carol Oates)
- “A book, too, can be a star, a living fire tolighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.” (MadeleineL’engle)
- “No matter how busy you may think you are, youmust find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”(Confucius)
- “It is what you read when you don’t have to thatdetermines what you will be when you can’t help it.” (Oscar Wilde)
Always give yourself the time and the space you need toread. You never know when a quote, a character or an idea you discover throughreading might inspire your own creativity and passion in the outside world.
Do you have a favorite quote about books, literature andreading? Do share with us!