Getting lost in a good novel is a great way to develop your mind and fuel your imagination. More than just entertainment, good books inspire us to lead lives worth living, and the best authors have the ability to spark that fire inside of us.
Here are 5 inspirational quotes from beloved writers that will make you want to dive into the nearest hardcover… or perhaps write something great yourself!
- “To learn to read is to light a fire; every
syllable that is spelled out is a spark.”
- “Reading is the sole means by which we slip,
involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice,
another’s soul.” (Joyce Carol Oates)
- “A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to
lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.” (Madeleine
- “No matter how busy you may think you are, you
must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”
- “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.” (Oscar Wilde)
Always give yourself the time and the space you need to read. You never know when a quote, a character or an idea you discover through reading might inspire your own creativity and passion in the outside world.
Do you have a favorite quote about books, literature and reading? Do share with us!