Laughter is one of the best ways to live in the present moment; when we laugh fully we are completely engaged in the here and now, completely involved with the people who surround us. Laughter helps us enjoy life exactly as it comes and goes – moment by moment. And for the benefit of our health and wellbeing, here are eight reasons why laughter belongs in every single day.
1. Laughter puts life in perspective. Not everything has to be serious all the time.
A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have – Unknown
2. Laughter can change your worldview. Look at the same situation with a smile, and watch as your feelings and thoughts change form.
Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile – Unknown
3. Laughter helps us stay balanced. Staying light and loose is essential in life.
A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life – William Arthur Ward
4. Laughter brings us together. Our smiles light the way for one another.
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people – Victor Borge
5. Laughter slows things down. When we laugh we remember – life is playful.
If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy – Proverb
6. Laughter brings out the best in others. Even a smile can help another person.
Most smiles are started by another smile – Unknown
7. Laughter is a sign of good things to come. Contentment breeds excellence.
There is little success where there is little laughter – Andrew Carnegie
8. Laughter heals. Good rest and good cheer are all we really need. Relax and smile.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book – Irish Proverb
Mind Fuel Daily was founded to help readers find inspiration and purpose in every day. We believe that each person is capable of finding his or her best life here, in the present moment, and our mission is to provide the spark that moves you to positive action and thought.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Meaningful articles and readings. One email a week. That's it!