If we are trying to unlock something within ourselves(happiness, love, sense of purpose) we must remember that we are our own keyholders! Here are 8 quotes on the philosophical nature of doors, keys and locksto help you discover your potential:
1. “Be an opener of doors” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Meaning, leave an opening for those that come after you.Life is not about locking things up after you are done, it is about helpingothers find the way.
2. “Imagination is the only key to the future. Without itnone exists – with it all things are possible.” (Ida Tarbell)
There is value in dreaming, there is value in imagination,and there is value in picturing your world with no boundaries and no deadbolts.
3. “Love is the master key that opens the gates ofhappiness.” (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
In Victorian times, keys were often made with heart-shapedhandles, signifying the strength of love to break the bolts and barriers madeby humanity.
4. “Every now and then one paints a picture that seems tohave opened a door and serves as a stepping stone to other things.” (PabloPicasso)
Live in every small success as if it were a great thing, butat the same time do not forget to use each success as a spur to move forwardthrough the next door that awaits you.
5. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; butoften we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which hasbeen opened for us.” (Helen Keller)
When all we have is the present moment, we cannot afford tomourn to long for any loss or sorrow in one particular room. Move forwardalways.
6. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors foryou where there were only walls.” (Joseph Campbell)
A fulfilled spirit cannot be blocked from entering anywhereit wishes.
7. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – isthe key to unlocking our potential.” (Winston Churchill)
Just as important as dreaming, is the ability to put thosedreams in practicality.
8. “A very little key will open a very heavy door.” (CharlesDickens)
This can mean that the greatest desires we have in life, thebiggest things we want to pursue, may require only a very small change in our attitudeor habit.
A final thought: our destinies are determined by ourselves,not by outside conditions and events. Keep moving, be compassionate, and alwaysleave the doors in your life open for someone to follow behind you.