Nature loves nothing so much as to take existing forms and shape them into something different. This phenomenon that we all experience is called change – and it can be one of the best ways to grow into what we are meant to become.
Change is nothing to be afraid of, and here are eight great reasons why!
1. Change can be the start of something new.
Celebrate endings, for they precede new beginnings – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
2. Even the smallest of changes within us can make a world of difference.
Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as being able to remake ourselves – Mahatma Gandhi
3. Change happens by moving forward, not staying in place.
It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backwards – Proverb
4. Change doesn’t mean losing what we have, it means embracing something new.
In this world of change, nothing which comes stays, and nothing which goes is lost – Anne Sophie Swetchine
5. Change is the constant force that moves us toward the future.
The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment – Pema Chodron
6. Change can be good for us in every season of life.
It is never too late to be what you might have been – George Eliot
7. Change means learning to embrace uncertainty.
It’s not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It’s because we dare not venture that they are difficult. – Seneca
8. Changing circumstances sometimes show us what remains constant within, no matter what.
Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values – Dalai Lama