“We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” – Mother Theresa
Life is like the sea – it moves us, shapes us, supports us, and awakens us to new shores. And ultimately, life teaches us to be like water ourselves – strong yet calm, steady yet yielding, subtle yet beautiful.
Here are seven inspiring life lessons taken from the different waves of our world.
- Be free. Move like racing waves across the surface of life. Ripple towards what your heart desires.
- Be bold. Don’t be afraid to make a splash when facing new shores.
- Be yielding. Water can crash, but it can also give. Be gentle, generous and patient.
- Be purposeful. Even the smallest pebble on the ocean floor has a purpose in the greater picture. Let every action be one of intention and meaning.
- Be peaceful. While storms may visit, they never last, and calm waters will triumph once more.
- Be beautiful. Catch the sunlight. Shimmer under the moon. Rise and be seen!
- Be harmonious. The sea supports all kinds of life, large and small – make space for the opposites to coexist.
Above all the ocean teaches us this – we are all connected. Everything we do echoes into the universe, and even the smallest changes can build into positive life momentum.