Change can be big, scary, and overwhelming… but the same goes for routine. When we do the same things long enough, passion goes out the window and repetition begins to affect our creativity, energy, and passion. So it can be important to mix things up – and sometimes even jump into completely new situations to find our real footing.
With great risk comes great reward; with that in mind, here are some mind-opening thoughts about being brave, being daring, and quite simply, taking chances every chance we get.
1. Small changes build momentum. When looking to create big changes in life, even small steps taken now can lead to new horizons.
What you do today can improve all your tomorrows – Ralph Marston
2. Great ideas stick around until we act on them. So when we risk, and step away from our comfort zone, these ideas turn into reality.
If it’s still in your mind, it is worth taking the risk – Paulo Coelho
3. Change is a positive thing. We worry a lot about losing what we know, what we feel safe with – not realizing that these feelings are holding us back from becoming something greater.
If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens – Fay Weldon
4. From the other side, risk looks a lot like opportunity. Only when we reflect on how much we had to change do we realize how far we have progressed.
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing – Denis Waitley
5. Change begins from within. Before trying a new environment, we have to try a new mindset – one that is open to possibility and potential.
Our lives improve only when we take chances and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves – Walter Anderson
6. The what-ifs are the enemy. If you sit around and doubt yourself long enough, than of course any idea will sound too crazy. But f you capture the spark and run with what your imagination is giving you, you’ll be amazed at the results.
Excellence can be obtained if you care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible – Unknown