Challenge can be a scary word – it looks like “change” and it implies difficulty. Deep inside, we do want to embrace challenges in life. Because stepping beyond our familiar zones is what helps us grow and thrive.
Here are 15 questions to help you analyze the challenges you face everyday… and to help you challenge yourself in ways you may not have thought of before.
- What was the biggest challenge you faced growing up?
- What was one time you exceeded your own expectations?
- When were you uncomfortable in a new environment?
- When did you thrive where others around you struggled?
- What was the most important skill you acquired in young years?
- What is the biggest challenge you face today?
- What limiting beliefs are preventing you from beating this challenge?
- What empowering beliefs can you take on to help you achieve your goals?
- When have you been the most proud of yourself for facing a test?
- What is your strongest personal trait?
- What challenges (physical, mental, etc.) make you feel alive?
- What are some challenges you have helped others work through?
- What challenges do others face that you handle naturally?
- Who inspires you in tough situations? Who do you inspire?
- What challenges can you foresee for the future? How will you handle them?
Each day challenges us in different ways – physically, mentally or emotionally. We may be tested in our work lives, our personal lives, or our romantic lives. And sometimes, despite our bravest efforts, challenge can overwhelm us. Yet we are only truly defeated when we stop trying. Don’t give up! Here is a final quote to encourage the spirit of courage within:
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Nelson Mandela