When stressed, it becomes essential to renew your inner optimism. Here are 10 ways to de-stress naturally and take your day back by focusing on the positive!
1. Play Music: Taking three minutes to sing or bop along to your favorite radio jam can be a great way to relieve daily pressure and restore a good mood!
2. Take a Walk: A calm walk outdoors can be help relieve physical tension, and a dose of fresh air can bring clarity to your thoughts, restoring patience and peacefulness in your mind.
3. Have a Warm Drink: A cup of tea or a mug of hot chocolate (especially in cold months) will help you de-stress naturally and restore your inner balance and warmth.
4. Daydream Daily: Creativity experts recommend twenty minutes of daydreaming everyday – this helps calm the mind so you can better focus on possible positive outlets such as drawing, painting, or writing.
5. Power Down: A simple method of restoring balance on a bad day can be simply shutting off phones and computers, removing your energy from the demands of the digital world and focusing on your personal wellbeing for a while.
6. Clear Your Surroundings: Clutter doesn’t help stress. Take a few minutes to straighten out your room or work area – you’ll feel more refreshed and focused.
7. Bake Something Good: Cooking or baking could be a great way to lift spirits on a trying day – it requires focus and positive energy, and by the time you’re done, your house will smell amazing. The bonus here is that you get to eat your sweets once you’re finished!
8. Hit the Gym: Hitting the gym for a light or intense workout can help make okay days feel better. Not only does it get out your frustrations, but by the time you’re finished, your problems may not seem so intense anymore.
9. Relax Your Mind: Give yourself a night off from being productive and unwind with a favorite (or new) movie or television show. Think of it as recovery time – you can do something more worthwhile tomorrow night!
10. Take a Warm Bath: Make a date with your bathtub this evening and bring along your favorite book. As you relax into the warm water, you can forget about your worries and focus instead on the escape of your book.
Got any other relaxing rituals? Please share below.