Here are 10 hints for finding daily direction, and living your most meaningful life.
1. Brainstorm. What were you put on earth for??? Make lists, flowcharts – get it all on paper and figure out what it is you are inherently good at!
2. Converse. Speak with someone who does what it is that you want to do. Get feedback from family and friends, balancing criticism with optimism.
3. Face down fear. Any new venture requires more than talent and effort – exploring the unknown also takes quite a bit of courage. Look to people you admire for inspiration on overcoming doubts.
4. Practice patience. Especially if you can’t nail down your perfect passion right away, remember that your true purpose may be slowly unfolding over time.
5. Study people. Write down names of the figures that inspire your mind and pique your interest. Who makes you want to be creative? And why?
6. Study yourself. What can you spend hours reading/watching? Are there areas you never get tired of taking in new information? These subjects may hold the key to unlocking your inner calling.
7. Be natural. Find time everyday to do what comes naturally to you, whether that means being creative, solving problems, helping others, etc.
8. Invest in yourself. Make the time to do the things that make you happy – this doesn’t just mean doing things that leave you entertained, but doing things that leave you fulfilled. This mindset does not mean abandoning responsibility, it means investing in your strengths.
9. Develop faith. Be optimistic and stick to your plan. Keep your belief close that your dreams will come to creation – don’t give up too early!
10. Commit to action. Brainstorming will only get you so far before it’s time to leave the house and act on your desires.
The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Get busy living. Work to build the life you want to live, not the life that others want for you, whether in your career, creative direction or personal relationships. Carpe Diem!