The word “confidence” comes from the Latin root meaning “firmly trusting,” or “bold.” And indeed, when we live our lives with confidence, the result is definitely more trust – trust in ourselves, and trust in the universe at large.
To inspire your inner knowledge and self-belief, here are 10 quotes on confidence – and the power it carries.
1. Confidence is the knowledge that what’s inside is what counts.
“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” – Maya Angelou
2. Confidence is knowing that you know more than you think.
“Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself.” – Cicero
3. Confidence is the recognition of your unique potential.
“You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
4. Confidence begins within and changes without.
“Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. Confidence is trying your hardest, and nothing else.
“I have done my best. That is all the philosophy of living one needs.” – Lin-yutang
6. Confidence means knowing that you will find a method.
“When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find ways to do it.” – David Schwartz
7. Confidence means stepping out of our own way.
“Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark.” – Zen proverb
8. Confidence is contagious – you can spark others.
“As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
9. Confidence means saying no to the negative voices in your head.
“When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.” – Honore de Balzac
10. Confidence means beauty in trusting that your dreams have value.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt