So many of us are filled with self-doubt and regret, we do not believe that we can make our dreams come true because of past choices. Here are some inspiring words, from great people who have learned to not let their past dictate who they can become.
1. Just have faith in yourself.
“One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves.” – L. Tom Perry
2. Even though you made mistakes in the past does not mean that you cannot have a bright future.
“Don’t let who you used to be stop you from who you can become.” – Al Carraway
3. Your yesterdays do not determine your tomorrows.
“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. You are better than everything bad that has ever happened to you.
“We are infinitely more than our limitations or our afflictions.” – Jeffery R. Holland
5. No matter what choices you have made, you can always start anew.
“Now is the best time to start becoming the person we want to be.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
6. Be thankful for everything.
“I am thankful for my blessings are too many to count.” – Shannon Fox
7. Make your decision to start fresh and change today.
“Tomorrow’s joy or tomorrow’s despair has its roots in decisions we make today. Perhaps some people think to themselves: “I know I need to change some things in my life. Maybe later, but not now.” Today is the day of decision.” – Joseph B Wirthlin
8. Always believe in yourself, even if no one else believes in you.
“It is extremely important for you to believe in yourselves, not only for what you are now, but for what you have the power to become.” – Neal A Maxwell
9. If you truly want to change then stick to your goals.
“It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we’ll make the effort… it’s in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals.” – Thomas S. Monson
10. Above all do not be afraid
“Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” – Marianne Williamson
Life is full of struggles and mistakes. As long as you have faith in yourself you can overcome all the odds. Like these people you will be able to rise above anything thrown your way.
Mind Fuel Daily was founded to help readers find inspiration and purpose in every day. We believe that each person is capable of finding his or her best life here, in the present moment, and our mission is to provide the spark that moves you to positive action and thought.