Hope is a great thing. It gives flight to our dreams, gives confidence to our hearts, and gives strength to our convictions. No matter where you’re heading or what you seek to accomplish, you can always use a boost of hope – so here are ten thoughts on the power of optimism and positive thinking to inspire you!
1. Hope is knowing, no matter what, that there is a light.
Hope is being able to see that there is a light despite all the darkness. – Desmond Tutu
2. Hope is knowing that our potential is limitless.
The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment. – Pema Chodron
3. Hope is the natural process of a mind in wellness.
The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope. – Samuel Johnson
4. Hope is what makes today’s dreams important.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein
5. Hope is stronger than any minor setbacks!
Don’t let today’s disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams. – Unknown
6. Hope is good for the soul, mind, and body.
He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything. – Proverb
7. Hope is knowing that anything is possible.
Excellence can be obtained if you care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible. – Unknown
8. Hope is eternal, and cannot be diminished by any one event or circumstance.
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. Hope has the power to change the past and create new memories.
Forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for the future. – Lewis B. Smedes
10. Hope is seeing the positive in every negative.
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai Lama