All great gains begin with a dream. We imagine what is possible, and we work to make our imagination into reality. But along the way, somewhere between conception and completion, we may need an extra boost of motivation.
No matter where you’re headed, or what you seek to accomplish, you need to rediscover your determination from time to time – so here are 10 quotes to help you ignite the spark whenever you need to.
1. Remember, it all begins with the mind.
“He is able who thinks he is able.” – Buddha
2. Think positive thoughts, see positive results.
“When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find ways to do it.” – Dr. David Schwartz
3. Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.
“Your belief determines your actions and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.” – Mark Victor Hansen
4. Focus on how far you’ve come, rather than how far you have to go.
“Turn your face towards the sun and the shadow will fall behind you.” – Maori Proverb
5. Keep your head high in minor disappointments.
“If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.” – Chinese Proverb
6. Be steadfast in all of your efforts.
“Excellence can be obtained if you care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical, expect more than others think is possible.” – Unknown
7. Do all that you can, the best way you know how.
“What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” Johann Von Goethe
8. Keep the entire picture in perspective.
“If you lose today, win tomorrow. In this never-ending spirit of challenge is the heart of a victor.” – Daisaku Ikeda
9. Find your rhythm by doing, daring, and dreaming for the future.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Einstein
10. Keep on going, no matter what.
“If we are facing the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Proverb