Life is nothing to be afraid of; the only fear we should have is not beginning to live at all! Here are ten inspirational ways to think about bravery and courage in modern life.
1. Courage is the beginning of all great things.
Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is. – H. Jackson Browne
2. Courage is how we begin to know ourselves.
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Courage means taking small steps in the right direction.
To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals – this alone is worth the struggle. – William Penn
4. Courage can be as simple as action over uncertainty.
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing. – Denis Waitley
5. Courage is truth in our actions, our beliefs, and our convictions.
Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart into it, take yourself out of it. – Unknown
6. Courage is living wisely in the present moment.
Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live. – Natalie Babbitt
7. Courage is how we awaken to life’s potential.
It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living. – Eckhart Tolle
8. Courage is seeing challenges as they really are.
It’s not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It’s because we dare not venture that they are difficult. – Seneca
9. Courage is the realization that fear is an illusion.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. – Ambrose Redmoon
10. Courage is the victory of the voyager within us.
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Andre Gide